How to edit and assign ad account roles in Facebook Ads Manager and Facebook Business Manager
In order to connect an ad account to TrustAds, you will need to be assigned to the ad account as one of the following roles:
- Ad account admin
- Ad account advertiser
How to add a user to an ad account in Ads Manager
1. Head to Ad Account Settings in Ads Manager:
2. Click the Add People button
3. Type the name of the user you wish to add and use the dropdown to assign their role
N.B. A user must be in your friend list for you to add them to your ad account via Ads Manager.
How to add a user to an ad account in Business Manager
For ad accounts in Business Manager, users must be granted access to Business Manager first, before being assigned to ad accounts.
1. Head to your Business Settings in Business Manager
N.B. If you have access to multiple Businesses you will be prompted to select which one to edit
2. Click the + Add Button to add a user to your Business Manager
3. Invite user(s) via email address
Enter the email addresses of the users you wish to grant access to your Business Manager, then hit Next. Users will need to be granted Employee Access at a minimum in order to be able to manage ad accounts.
N.B. Whilst invites can be sent to a business email, the user will be prompted to log in with their personal Facebook account before accepting access.
4. Assign ad account role permissions
Select Ad Accounts in the left bar, then tick which ad account(s) you wish to grant the users access to under your Business Manager.
Use the dropdown to select the ad account role being granted.
Users will receive an email notifying them that they have been given access to your ad account.